Skip to content

Home contents insurance

If you have moved into your own home, or are thinking about doing so, it may be worth considering taking out contents insurance. This is insurance that will protect the contents of your new home against things such as fire, water leaks and burglary. Should something like this occur, and it is covered by your … Continued

UPDATE on Ukraine Scheme

Changes to the Ukraine Schemes 19/02/24 • Existing Ukraine scheme guests can, in the last 3 months of their permission to stay in the UK, apply to a new permission extension which can grant an additional 18 months permission to stay in the UK. o For some, this could mean 4.5 years total stay in … Continued

UK Pension Guidance

The following guidance has been provided by Citizens Advice: Auto-Enrolment Workplace Pensions Workplace pensions are schemes that help to save money towards your retirement. Those who meet certain criteria while working here in the UK will be automatically enrolled into a workplace pension scheme. They are those that: • Are over the age of 22, … Continued

Moving into your new home

What you need to know before moving into your new property: We have highlighted below the things you must consider when renting a property in the England, with further guidance on who to contact within the Harrogate District to set up payments. Exemptions If you are renting a room or in shared accommodation, your bills … Continued

Local Advice

Please contact the Homes for Ukraine Helpline run by Citizens Advice North Yorkshire Citizens Advice North Yorkshire has a dedicated helpline to support Ukrainian guests, as well as sponsors. Their telephone number is: 01757 600 365 and they have a voicemail facility. They are able to get interpreters upon request. This should be the first point … Continued

Local Social Media Support

Knaresborough Friends Of Ukraine | Facebook  This is a page where Sponsors, Ukrainians themselves and supporters can share information to help each other and share information specifically if you are living in the Knaresborough area   Harrogate Friends of Ukraine | Facebook This is a page where Sponsors, Ukrainians themselves and supporters can share information … Continued

Applying for a biometric passport

What’s on your BRP Your BRP will include: your name, date and place of birth your fingerprints and a photo of your face (this is your biometric information) your immigration status and any conditions of your stay whether you can access public funds, for example benefits and health services You may have a National Insurance (NI) number printed on … Continued

Applying for a national insurance number

You can apply for a National Insurance number if you: live in the UK have the right to work in the UK are working, looking for work or have an offer to start work You can start work before you receive your National Insurance number if you can prove you have the right to work in the … Continued

Translate »