Skip to content

Financial Support

Ukrainians arriving in the UK as a result of the Russian invasion can access Universal Credit and jobs support immediately. Ukrainians are also eligible for Housing Benefit, Pension Credit, Personal Independence Payment, Child Disability Living Allowance and Carers Allowance, and Attendance Allowance. Contributions-based Employment and Support Allowance (ESA), and Jobseekers Allowance (JSA) are also available … Continued

Registering with a local GP (Doctor)

How to register with a GP surgery Anyone in England can register with a GP surgery. It’s free to register. You do not need proof of address or immigration status, ID or an NHS number. You might be able to register with a GP surgery that’s not in the area you live. Find out about registering … Continued

How to apply for a school place

How to apply for a school place: Any families returning to or moving to the UK should speak to the local authority (often referred to as the council) school admission team in their chosen areas for information on how to apply for a school place. Local authorities should support parents in choosing schools, which includes … Continued

How to apply for childcare

How to apply for childcare Childcare Choices is a useful website to explain parents’ options: For more information, parents can also speak to their local authority or go to Government funds early education entitlements (free hours of childcare) for parents of young children: All parents of 3- and 4-year-olds can access 15 free hours of … Continued

Looking for a Job

You Can access job seeking support through Harrogate Job Centre and Resurrected Bites work coach. North Yorkshire Council also have a designated employment team, you can contact Cus for further details on   Harrogate Job Centre: Harrogate JobCentre Plus and Jobs in Harrogate ( Resurrected Bites Work Coach:  

Driving in the UK

If you passed your driving test in any country outside of the EU/EEA you may only be able to drive on a valid driving licence for up to 12 months. This would be the case for most Ukrainians, as Ukraine is not in the EEA or EU. This means that if you arrive with a … Continued

Translate »